Not what you want?
Try searching again using:
1. Other similar-meaning words.
2. Fewer words or just one word.
Buy a God of War calligraphy wall scroll here!
Start your custom "God of War" project by clicking the button next to your favorite "God of War" title below...
I've noticed you are searching for "god of war". If you are interested, I can have your favorite verse from the Torah or Bible translated into Chinese and written on a wall scroll for you. Please contact me siting the verse or verses you want. Here is an example: Joshua 24:15.
If you are looking for a Jewish or Christian title, phrase, or word, I have a great selection here: Christian Words in Chinese
Quick links to words on this page...
| 1. God of Warcraft
2. Hachiman: God of War
3. God of War
4. Guandi: God of War
| 5. Art of War: 5 Points of Analysis|
6. Guan Gong / Warrior Saint
7. Warrior Saint / Saint of War
8. Marishiten / Marici
The first chapter of Sun Tzu's Art of War lists five key points to analyzing your situation.
It reads like a 5-part military proverb. Sun Tzu says that to sharpen your skills, you must plan. To plan well, you must know your situation. Therefore, you must consider and discuss the following:
1. Philosophy and Politics: Make sure your way or your policy is agreeable among all of your troops (and the citizens of your kingdom as well). For when your soldiers believe in you and your way, they will follow you to their deaths without hesitation, and will not question your orders.
2. Heaven/Sky: Consider climate / weather. This can also mean to consider whether God is smiling on you. In the modern military, this could be waiting for clear skies so that you can have air support for an amphibious landing.
3. Ground/Earth: Consider the terrain in which the battle will take place. This includes analyzing defensible positions, exit routes, and using varying elevation to your advantage. When you plan an ambush, you must know your terrain, and the best location from which to stage that ambush. This knowledge will also help you avoid being ambushed, as you will know where the likely places in which to expect an ambush from your enemy.
4. Leadership: This applies to you as the general, and also to your lieutenants. A leader should be smart and be able to develop good strategies. Leaders should keep their word, and if they break a promise, they should punish themselves as harshly as they would punish subordinates. Leaders should be benevolent to their troops, with almost a fatherly love for them. Leaders must have the ability to make brave and fast decisions. Leaders must have steadfast principles.
5. [Military] Methods: This can also mean laws, rules, principles, model, or system. You must have an efficient organization in place to manage both your troops and supplies. In the modern military, this would be a combination of how your unit is organized, and your SOP (Standard Operating Procedure).
Notes: This is a simplistic translation and explanation. Much more is suggested in the actual text of the Art of War (Bing Fa). It would take a lot of study to master all of these aspects. In fact, these five characters can be compared to the modern military acronyms such as BAMCIS or SMEAC.
CJK notes: I have included the Japanese and Korean pronunciations but in Chinese, Korean and Japanese, this does not make a typical phrase (with subject, verb, and object) it is a list that only someone familiar with Sun Tzu's writings would understand.
This Chinese title, Guan Gong means, Lord Guan (The warrior saint of ancient China).
While his real name was Guan Yu / 關羽, he is commonly known by this title of Guan Gong / 關公.
Some Chinese soldiers still pray to Guan Gong for protection. They would especially do this before going into battle. Statues of Guan Gong are seen throughout China.
Gallery Price: $106.00
Your Price: $58.88
Gallery Price: $106.00
Your Price: $58.88
The following table may be helpful for those studying Chinese or Japanese...
|Title||Characters||Romaji(Romanized Japanese)||Various forms of Romanized Chinese|
|God of Warcraft||蚩尤||shi yuu / shiyuu / shi yu / shiyu||chī yóu / chi1 you2 / chi you / chiyou||ch`ih yu / chihyu / chih yu|
|Hachiman: God of War||八幡神||hachi man jin|
|God of War||軍神||gunjin / gunshin / ikusagami|
|Guandi: God of War||關帝|
|kan tei / kantei||Guān dì / Guan1 di4 / Guan di / Guandi||Kuan ti / Kuanti|
|Art of War: 5 Points of Analysis||道天地將法|
|dou ten chi shou hou|
do ten chi sho ho
|dào tiān dì jiàng fǎ
dao4 tian1 di4 jiang4 fa3
dao tian di jiang fa
|tao t`ien ti chiang fa
tao tien ti chiang fa
Saint of War
|wǔ shèng / wu3 sheng4 / wu sheng / wusheng|
|摩利支天||ma ri shi ten|
|Mó lì zhī tiān
Mo2 li4 zhi1 tian1
Mo li zhi tian
|Mo li chih t`ien
Mo li chih tien
|In some entries above you will see that characters have different versions above and below a line.|
In these cases, the characters above the line are Traditional Chinese, while the ones below are Simplified Chinese.
Successful Chinese Character and Japanese Kanji calligraphy searches within the last few hours...
All of our calligraphy wall scrolls are handmade.
When the calligrapher finishes creating your artwork, it is taken to my art mounting workshop in Beijing where a wall scroll is made by hand from a combination of silk, rice paper, and wood.
After we create your wall scroll, it takes at least two weeks for air mail delivery from Beijing to you.
Allow a few weeks for delivery. Rush service speeds it up by a week or two for $10!
When you select your calligraphy, you'll be taken to another page where you can choose various custom options.
The wall scroll that Sandy is holding in this picture is a "large size"
single-character wall scroll.
We also offer custom wall scrolls in small, medium, and an even-larger jumbo size.
Professional calligraphers are getting to be hard to find these days.
Instead of drawing characters by hand, the new generation in China merely type roman letters into their computer keyboards and pick the character that they want from a list that pops up.
There is some fear that true Chinese calligraphy may become a lost art in the coming years. Many art institutes in China are now promoting calligraphy programs in hopes of keeping this unique form of art alive.
Even with the teachings of a top-ranked calligrapher in China, my calligraphy will never be good enough to sell. I will leave that to the experts.
The same calligrapher who gave me those lessons also attracted a crowd of thousands and a TV crew as he created characters over 6-feet high. He happens to be ranked as one of the top 100 calligraphers in all of China. He is also one of very few that would actually attempt such a feat.
Check out my lists of Japanese Kanji Calligraphy Wall Scrolls and Old Korean Hanja Calligraphy Wall Scrolls.
Some people may refer to this entry as God of War Kanji, God of War Characters, God of War in Mandarin Chinese, God of War Characters, God of War in Chinese Writing, God of War in Japanese Writing, God of War in Asian Writing, God of War Ideograms, Chinese God of War symbols, God of War Hieroglyphics, God of War Glyphs, God of War in Chinese Letters, God of War Hanzi, God of War in Japanese Kanji, God of War Pictograms, God of War in the Chinese Written-Language, or God of War in the Japanese Written-Language.