Not what you want?
Try searching again using:
1. Other similar-meaning words.
2. Fewer words or just one word.
Buy an Arata calligraphy wall scroll here!
Start your custom "Arata" project by clicking the button next to your favorite "Arata" title below...
革 is the Chinese, Japanese Kanji, and old Korean Hanja for: animal hide; leather; tanned animal hide; skins; hides; pelts.
This can also mean: to reform; to remove; strip; to expel (from office); cut off.
革 is also a Japanese given name Arata, and can refer to the anime character of the same name.
This is a Japanese word that means "new beginning" or "new start."
Here's the character breakdown:
新た (arata) = new; fresh; novel; newly; freshly; or this can be like the prefix "re-" like "re-start" or "reset."
な (na) is kind of a connecting article. This glues "new" to "beginning."
始まり (hajimari) = origin; beginning.
Note: Because this selection contains some special Japanese Hiragana characters, it should be written by a Japanese calligrapher.
Below are some entries from our dictionary that may match your arata search...
If shown, 2nd row is Simp. Chinese
|Simple Dictionary Definition|
| gé / ge2
kawa / かわ
animal hide; leather; to reform; to remove; to expel (from office)
leather; (given name) Kaku; (given name) Arata
Skins, hides, pelts; strip, cut off.
| xīn / xin1
shin / しん
new; newly; meso- (chemistry); abbr. for Xinjiang 新疆[Xin1 jiang1] or Singapore 新加坡[Xin1 jia1 po1]; surname Xin
(n-pref,n,n-suf) (1) new; neo-; (2) (abbreviation) (See 新暦) Gregorian calendar; (3) Xin (dynasty of China); (surname) Waka; (surname, given name) Hajime; (surname) Niihama; (surname) Nii; (surname) Susumu; (place-name) Shinmachijiori; (personal name) Shinpuku; (personal name) Shinbuku; (personal name) Shinfuku; (personal name) Shinji; (p,s,f) Shin; (place-name) Shimura; (female given name) Sara; (personal name) Imaki; (surname) Arada; (surname) Aratashi; (surname, female given name) Arata; (surname) Arazaki
New, newly, just, opposite of 奮 old.
| zhū / zhu1
tama / たま
| bead; pearl; CL:粒[li4],顆|颗[ke1]
(1) ball; sphere; globe; orb; (2) bead (of sweat, dew, etc.); drop; droplet; (3) ball (in sports); (4) pile (of noodles, etc.); (5) bullet; (6) bulb (i.e. a light bulb); (7) lens (of glasses, etc.); (8) bead (of an abacus); (9) (slang) (abbreviation) ball (i.e. a testicle); (10) gem; jewel (esp. spherical; sometimes used figuratively); pearl; (11) female entertainer (e.g. a geisha); (12) (derogatory term) person (when commenting on their nature); character; (13) item, funds or person used as part of a plot; (n,n-suf) (14) egg; (suffix noun) (15) coin; (16) precious; beautiful; excellent; (female given name) Megumi; (female given name) Tamami; (female given name) Tamaki; (female given name) Tama; (female given name) Arata
mani. A pearl; a bead; synonym for buddha-truth.
| xiǎn // xiān / xian3 // xian1
sen / せん arata / あらた akira / あきら
few; rare; fresh; bright (in color); delicious; tasty; delicacy; aquatic foods
(given name) Sen; (given name) Arata; (given name) Akira
|arata / あらた||
(noun or adjectival noun) new; fresh; novel
|shinko / しんこ||
(1) very young fish (esp. a konoshiro gizzard shad); (2) (archaism) new geisha; (female given name) Wakako; (female given name) Nonko; (surname, female given name) Niiko; (surname, female given name) Shinko; (female given name) Arata; (surname) Arashi; (surname, female given name) Arako; (place-name, surname) Atarashi
| xīn cháo / xin1 chao2
hsin ch`ao / hsin chao
shinchou / shincho / しんちょう arata / あらた
(c) Shinchou (magazine and publisher); (female given name) Arata
| xīn tián / xin1 tian2
hsin t`ien / hsin tien
shinden(p);arata / しんでん(P);あらた
Xintian county in Yongzhou 永州[Yong3 zhou1], Hunan
(1) new rice field; newly developed rice field; (2) wasteland or marshland newly reclaimed as a rice field (Edo period); (place-name) Nyuuta; (place-name, surname) Nitsuta; (place-name, surname) Nitta; (personal name) Nita; (surname) Nishita; (personal name) Niuta; (place-name, surname) Niida; (surname) Niita; (place-name, surname) Shinden; (surname) Shinda; (surname) Shinta; (surname) Arada; (p,s,g) Arata
|arata / あらた||
(adjectival noun) (1) (archaism) (See 灼たか) clear; vivid; brilliant; (2) (archaism) prominent; obvious; evident
The following table may be helpful for those studying Chinese or Japanese...
|Title||Characters||Romaji(Romanized Japanese)||Various forms of Romanized Chinese|
|革||arata / kaku||gé / ge2 / ge||ko|
|New Beginning||新たな始まり||arata na hajimari|
Successful Chinese Character and Japanese Kanji calligraphy searches within the last few hours...
All of our calligraphy wall scrolls are handmade.
When the calligrapher finishes creating your artwork, it is taken to my art mounting workshop in Beijing where a wall scroll is made by hand from a combination of silk, rice paper, and wood.
After we create your wall scroll, it takes at least two weeks for air mail delivery from Beijing to you.
Allow a few weeks for delivery. Rush service speeds it up by a week or two for $10!
When you select your calligraphy, you'll be taken to another page where you can choose various custom options.
The wall scroll that Sandy is holding in this picture is a "large size"
single-character wall scroll.
We also offer custom wall scrolls in small, medium, and an even-larger jumbo size.
Professional calligraphers are getting to be hard to find these days.
Instead of drawing characters by hand, the new generation in China merely type roman letters into their computer keyboards and pick the character that they want from a list that pops up.
There is some fear that true Chinese calligraphy may become a lost art in the coming years. Many art institutes in China are now promoting calligraphy programs in hopes of keeping this unique form of art alive.
Even with the teachings of a top-ranked calligrapher in China, my calligraphy will never be good enough to sell. I will leave that to the experts.
The same calligrapher who gave me those lessons also attracted a crowd of thousands and a TV crew as he created characters over 6-feet high. He happens to be ranked as one of the top 100 calligraphers in all of China. He is also one of very few that would actually attempt such a feat.
Check out my lists of Japanese Kanji Calligraphy Wall Scrolls and Old Korean Hanja Calligraphy Wall Scrolls.
Some people may refer to this entry as Arata Kanji, Arata Characters, Arata in Mandarin Chinese, Arata Characters, Arata in Chinese Writing, Arata in Japanese Writing, Arata in Asian Writing, Arata Ideograms, Chinese Arata symbols, Arata Hieroglyphics, Arata Glyphs, Arata in Chinese Letters, Arata Hanzi, Arata in Japanese Kanji, Arata Pictograms, Arata in the Chinese Written-Language, or Arata in the Japanese Written-Language.
8 people have searched for Arata in Chinese or Japanese in the past year.
Arata was last searched for by someone else on Jan 17th, 2017