At first, I expected that she thought some of my comments about the trouble that U.S. Homeland Security has caused my business, family, and staff shed a negative light on the USA.
As I read further, she went on to say that my willingness to sell artwork to "foreigners" was un-American. She was appalled that I would sell artwork to "that Middle-Eastern country of United Kingdom". This was because of "all the Muslim terrorists there". She also mentioned France.
I will give her some liberty, and try to imagine that she meant "United Arab Emirates", which is a place where we have about 3 customers. Although, I don't think she knows that UAE is one of our allies (actually Halliburton's greatest ally, who gave them a place to relocate their headquarters to avoid all the American taxes on the money they get from the U.S. Government).
I was going to email her back, but she was unable to properly type her email address (no surprise) so I couldn't send a reply. But I had to vent somewhere...
I am pretty sure this lady was interviewed in this video about Americans that aired in the place she would call, "The Middle-Eastern Muslim Terrorist country of the United Kingdom":
I once used the word "expatriate" on this website to describe myself while living in Asia.
Apparently, this means "anti-patriot" to at least one American who wrote to tell me that I was a scumbag.
Please click on the word expatriate if you do not own a dictionary. Please do this before you write to me.
For the record:
- I was a decorated U.S. Marine Sergeant in the Infantry, and Reconnaissance, spending time on active duty and in the active reserves for a period of almost 11 years.
- In the early 1990's, I was a Sunday School teacher at a Baptist Church.
- I served 7 years in the all-volunteer San Diego Sheriff's Search and Rescue Bureau (searching for lost hikers, saving the life of a 4-year-old boy, recovering body parts from helicopter crashes, locating and recovering bodies from wilderness suicides).
- I even helped to train a U.S. Athlete just prior to the Olympic games in Athens. By the way, that athlete brought home a bronze medal for the USA.
- I've taken on a great personal risk, to bring underground Capitalism to North Korea and of course, open Capitalism to artists in China (if you are having trouble following, Capitalism is very anti-Communism - in the USA, we believe Capitalism = good, Communism = bad).
- Even while living in China, I observed U.S. Tax Law, and have paid Federal Income Tax on all of my personal and family proceeds from this business every year (Disclaimer: For the 2007 tax year, I think we'll be declaring a loss for the first time, thanks to a customer in India that defrauded us out of $30,000).
A final comment for Americans (just my observations)...
- I've met many Muslims in my life, they all seemed nice, and peace-loving. It is true that some Muslims have bombed things such as embassies.
- I've met many Christians in my life, they mostly seemed nice, and peace-loving, though often hypocritical, and sometimes hateful (toward gays). It is true that some Christians have bombed things such as Abortion Clinics and each other (see: Protestants and Catholics bombing each other in Northern Ireland).
- I've met many Buddhists in my life, they all seemed nice, and peace-loving. Buddhists don't bomb or hate anyone.
- I've met a few Taoists (Daoists) in my life, they all seemed nice, and peace-loving. Taoists don't bomb anything, and have really cool hairdos.
...And now you have something valid to tell me off about.