can't find the right kanji translation for what i want

If you have searched my Chinese and Japanese Calligraphy Dictionary, and did not find the word or title that you were looking for, we'll be happy to add it for you. Just tell us the word or title you want, and what it means to you.
kicksfins1

can't find the right kanji translation for what i want

Post by kicksfins1 » Oct 4, 2011 10:29 pm

Hi I was wondering if you could give me the correct translation for "protector", as in protector of others. When I looked up protector in your dictionary it showed up as protector but with a meaning of being protected from someone or something rather than being a protector of others which is what I'm looking for if you could help me get the right translation for that, I'd really really appreciate it. My email is kicksfins808@yahoo.com or if you have another way of replying back to me that would be great. Thank you soo much!

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Oct 5, 2011 12:41 pm

kicksfins1

Thank you for your quick reply!

Post by kicksfins1 » Oct 6, 2011 10:20 pm

I really appreciate it and if I have any other questions of kanji I'm not sure about I'll be sure to make you my first choice in asking about it. Thank you again!

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Oct 7, 2011 12:23 pm

There's to places to look on our site. The first one I would choose is this:
http://www.orientaloutpost.com/shufa.php
Every result has been vetted and written by me and confirmed by a native translator.

If you don't find anything there, try searching our Japanese/Chinese/Buddhist dictionary here:
http://www.orientaloutpost.com/dictionary.php

Just be sure to confirm with a native Japanese or Chinese person that whatever you find in the dictionary is suitable for what you want to use it for. This is especially the case for tattoos (a lot of people make terrible Asian tattoo mistakes).

We can also build you a custom wall scroll with your choice of characters. This is actually what we specialize in. We've built over 10,000 handmade custom calligraphy wall scrolls and sent them to customers in 65 countries.

Cheers,
-Gary.

kicksfins1

Hey Gary :D

Post by kicksfins1 » Oct 8, 2011 1:53 am

I feel a lot more confident now getting a kanji tattoo without having to go through the trouble of finding a native translator and just confirming it through you on your site if I find one that is already posted on here. I do have one already and it was actually my very first tattoo that I got almost two months ago, I got the kanji symbol for love on my entire left chest because that's where the heart is and I had the artist put an outline of a red heart going around the entire symbol, it's definitely very meaningful to me which is why I decided to put it there and you know what they say once you get a tattoo you're gonna want another one lol! So I decided to stick with kanji or Japanese tattoos, I'm embarrassed to say that I can't read Japanese (I used to know very little before from taking Japanese class), because I'm half Japanese but i'm gonna give it a few days to decide what I wanna have next which will most likely be another kanji symbol on the side of my ribs, I don't wanna rush into anything just because I want more ink on myself I wanna be 100% sure it's what I want because it's there forever. I'm definitely gonna ask you if you don't mind, about it to make sure it's correct for what I want it to mean. And I'm totally also going to purchase a special scroll or two from you when I think of the one(s) I want, they look totally authentic and awesome!! Thank you soo much for taking your time to help me, I really appreciate people who take the time out of their life to do things for others, that means a lot to me because I'm that kind of a person too. I'll definitely keep in touch, take care Gary!

Michael