proverb one revenge

We'll be happy to translate a simple phrase into Mandarin Chinese for you. We can also do your favorite Bible verse, or Chinese philosophy. If you need a long phrase, poem, or song lyrics translated, there may be a translation charge (we'll let you know before we do it).
Customer
Advanced Member

proverb one revenge

Post by Customer » Jan 3, 2011 11:37 am

looking for caligraphy of proverb that goes something like: He who seeks revenge should remember to dig a grave for two. thx

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Jan 3, 2011 6:09 pm

I did some research on this (unfortunately, I have an hour into this already)...

Some people have attributed a phrase like this to Confucius. The problem is, all references that I have found are written in modern Chinese. Confucius lived about 2500 years ago. At that time, Chinese was very different (Try to imagine that this was before English, and even Latin existed - though ancient Greek did exist at that time).

To go any farther (this might require a trip to a special library in Beijing) we need a retainer. Please go to this link, add it to your cart, and check out:
http://www.orientaloutpost.com/proddeta ... ranslation
The fee is $20, but I will issue a $10 certificate toward the purchase of a wall scroll.

We're already going to make no money on your project, but I have to have a commitment from you before we spend more time on it.

Cheers,
-Gary.

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Jan 4, 2011 11:19 am

This is the modern phrase that is attributed by some to Confucius:

在踏上复仇之路前,先为你的复仇对象和自己准备好坟墓

-G.