CORPS

Post here if you need your name added to our list of transliterated Mandarin Chinese names. Please note that we usually only do given names (first names), but we will try your family name if you really want it. If your name is not English or Spanish or is uncommon, please include the culture or language origin of your name and/or some pronunciation hints.
Forum rules
If your name is not English or Spanish or is uncommon, please include the culture or language origin of your name and/or some pronunciation hints.
aaahnoor

CORPS

Post by aaahnoor » Feb 3, 2015 2:59 am

This must be one of those post-crucible slogans. I finally get to be one of those old infantry/recon Marines that annoyed me when I was in the Corps back in the 1990s - by telling how things were, "When I was in the Corps".

I tried to figure out how I would start this. But the problem I have is that when you say, "one mind" in Chinese or Japanese, it generally speaks of teamwork, coming together, or wholehearted dedication. It's hard to make something that means, "heart, quantity 1" (to put it in military inventory terms).

I know this is going to be hard for any of my translators (by the way, I can have either a Chinese or Japanese professional translator work on this, but I no longer have a Korean translator on staff). I took a look at my search logs, and nobody has ever searched for this term in the past 7 years. That means adding this to the database would hit the wall of diminishing returns (Meaning: I would just lose money if I pay a translator for this work out of my pocket).