monkey king

The art you like is sold out? Ask here if we have more or can get more.
wilv
Advanced Member

monkey king

Post by wilv » May 15, 2008 3:45 pm

I noticed your lovely warrior scrolls and was wondering if a custom scroll or painting would be possible with the image of the mokey king (Sun Wukong)

here are some images I have found of him.

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » May 16, 2008 11:38 am

Wow, those are the meanest-looking Monkey Kings that I have ever seen. At least, the last one is for sure.

Perhaps I favor the Stephen Chow Monkey King character or even the last portrayal in the current movie "Forbidden Kingdom" where Jet Li plays the Monkey King.

In reality, most Chinese portrayals or images of the Monkey King tend to depict a mischievous, funny, and happy-go-lucky fellow... ...Not the mean-looking creature in the third picture you posted.

I am working on finding new warrior artists. My last warrior artist (Li Ying-Lai) is now too famous, and far outside my price range (unless you want a $300 wall scroll). I am waiting for samples from a few artists now, and I will pick the best two. Then commission a large order of warrior artwork. I plan to have a very detailed (and expensive) version, and a more affordable, lower-detail version. They'll be priced at about $150 and $90 respectively.

The downside is that I am in the middle of this project. There are still a few months to go before we have anything ready for sale.

After Guan Gong, Zhong Kui, and Cao Cao, the Monkey King is perhaps the 4th most popular warrior figure in Chinese mythology. So he is on the list of warriors that I want to have available.

Cheers,
-Gary.

wilv
Advanced Member

Post by wilv » May 16, 2008 12:02 pm

Wow, those are the meanest-looking Monkey Kings that I have ever seen. At least, the last one is for sure.

Perhaps I favor the Stephen Chow Monkey King character or even the last portrayal in the current movie "Forbidden Kingdom" where Jet Li plays the Monkey King.

In reality, most Chinese portrayals or images of the Monkey King tend to depict a mischievous, funny, and happy-go-lucky fellow... ...Not the mean-looking creature in the third picture you posted.

I am working on finding new warrior artists. My last warrior artist (Li Ying-Lai) is now too famous, and far outside my price range (unless you want a $300 wall scroll). I am waiting for samples from a few artists now, and I will pick the best two. Then commission a large order of warrior artwork. I plan to have a very detailed (and expensive) version, and a more affordable, lower-detail version. They'll be priced at about $150 and $90 respectively.

The downside is that I am in the middle of this project. There are still a few months to go before we have anything ready for sale.

After Guan Gong, Zhong Kui, and Cao Cao, the Monkey King is perhaps the 4th most popular warrior figure in Chinese mythology. So he is on the list of warriors that I want to have available.

Cheers,
-Gary.

Yes they are some what evil looking lol, sadly they were some of the clearer shots I could find. They were most likely done by Americans because the Chinese representations I have seen depict him as a comical, mischievous guy. Kind of like a little kid who can throw a mean tantrum, lol.
I am glad to hear that he is on the "to do" list because he has always been a personal favorite of mine ever since I was little.

Wil

mariamunir

Re: monkey king

Post by mariamunir » Jan 6, 2015 12:55 am

I'd like to order the Kittens'Discovery Butterfly & Cricket artwork, but it is sold without any frame. Would it be possible to order it framed on a white silk wall scroll ?
Get Braindumps demos a+ test passguide with 100% success security+ certification Our high quality a+ exam itil prepares you well before appearing in www.sckans.edu of Stanford University

Gary
The Boss

Re: monkey king

Post by Gary » Jan 6, 2015 9:01 am

I can't get any more Mr. Wang artwork right now. In fact, he has basically retired now, so there probably won't be more.

Sorry about that,
-Gary.