Picture into a scroll?

The art you like is sold out? Ask here if we have more or can get more.
bandit1026

Picture into a scroll?

Post by bandit1026 » Jul 12, 2016 6:13 am

I received a custom scroll from you a year or so ago and it was beautifully done....Thank you..

My question is can the attached photo be made into a scroll? I have a more detailed copy... Just not sure if this is possible.. Thanks...
Attachments
canvas logo - low.jpg

Gary
The Boss

Re: Picture into a scroll?

Post by Gary » Jul 15, 2016 12:36 pm

I own a huge Giclee fine art printer, so I can do this for you. I would prefer that the image have at least 300dpi in the size you want output. The absolute minimum for a good product is 150dpi.

Do not blow it up to that dpi if it is currently smaller. Just see how many pixels wide the image is, divide by 300, and that is how many inches wide the optimum size would be. Divide by 150 and that is how wide the largest output with good results will be.

Prints up to 13 inches (33cm) wide are $20 for printing, and can be mounted to a basic wall scroll for $32.88
The mounting will happen in Beijing, so return shipping is a flat $9.80 for any size order (do 1 or 100 scrolls, and pay $9.80 for shipping just once).

If you need me to do a bunch of graphic work etc, that is extra.

The printing and scroll mounting fees increase with width. The 13" / 33cm size is the best value. I can print up to 42 inches wide, but I can only ship a scroll with at 27" wide paper panel back from China with ease.
Keep in mind, that is only the paper panel width, the scroll with brocade border and wooden knobs makes the whole piece 7.5" / 19cm wider.

bandit1026

Post by bandit1026 » Aug 1, 2016 3:56 pm

Thanks for your response... Im looking to hang the scroll over a bed and am trying to get a size that would be appropriate. Can the entire scroll be made bigger (wider) by adding a border around the image? Can I send you the actual image for you to take a look at it to determine the best size?

thanks for all your help...

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Aug 2, 2016 11:03 am

I set this up with the maximum dimensions that I am sure I can get shipped out of Beijing. I might be able to go a little bigger if we do this soon, and my wife hand carries it back from Beijing on August 21st when she flies to the USA. Check this out:
http://www.orientaloutpost.com/options.php?image=canvaslogo&code=x033320pl0vsivcu2301

bandit1026

Post by bandit1026 » Aug 2, 2016 5:37 pm

We can only go up to 48 inches long... does that change the configuration?

and when I followed the link, I was able to alter the colors of the silk... is this correct, can I pick the colors and then just add it to the cart?

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Aug 3, 2016 12:30 am

The total length will be over 5 feet with the top and bottom panels of the scroll. If you provide a longer image, I can make everything longer. I am just limited to about 68cm paper panel width, as the finished wall scroll must fit in a 36" mailing tube if bound for the USA via air mail. The length of the paper is not a big deal since that gets rolled up.

Besides the price you see on that customization page, I need to collect a fee for printing the piece (the price is for mounting of artwork the customer provides). So expect $30 on top of that. I will be using a natural kozo (mulberry) paper and UV pigment inks on a printer that costs many thousands of dollars. This presumes you can provide an image that does not need much if any graphic manipulation on my part. I will adjust/correct the color so that the output on the natural kozo paper (which has a slight yellow hue with a tiny hint of warm reds) matches the image that you give me for no charge.

You can change a lot of things as you design your wall scroll. Take a look at each button/tab to play around with that part. If you make it a single-color scroll, and take away the accent lines, it can be $14 less ($67.88 plus printing), but I think that two-toned look is worth it. The larger size you want is what changes the price the most anyway. You might as well go all the way.

bandit1026

Post by bandit1026 » Aug 4, 2016 11:01 am

OK... how do I send you a better copy of the image and can the scroll be shorten (lenght wise) to about 48 inches...

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Aug 5, 2016 12:19 pm

You can email it to me: gary@orientaloutpost.com

If too big for email, use Dropbox or Google Drive.