Horizontal Enso Portrait

The art you like is sold out? Ask here if we have more or can get more.
DougM

Horizontal Enso Portrait

Post by DougM » Oct 30, 2013 4:46 pm

Gary,
I have several pieces of your beautiful artwork hanging on my walls and would like at least one more. I would like an Enso circle by your Japanese Shihan but with the paper formatted horizontally (landscape instead of portrait in word processing speak). The size of the painting of the Large Enso Wall Scroll on your site (about 18" x 26") is just about right, and then matched to an appropriate silk border, ready for framing. The colors of the paper and border of the scroll currently on the site (prod=cs-enso-michiko-3 if that helps), if available, would be wonderful. Your store is one of the gems of the internet.

Doug

Gary
The Boss

Re: Horizontal Enso Portrait

Post by Gary » Oct 30, 2013 7:56 pm

No problem, you can custom order that starting here:
http://www.orientaloutpost.com/enso.php

Once you click "Select and Customize", and choose the Japanese master calligrapher, you can choose a horizontal mounting option (horizontal wall scroll or horizontal portrait). If you have special measurement requirements, just write about that under the special instructions tab.

18 inches is about 45cm. My Large size has a 50cm paper width. Therefore you need to select the "large" size, even if you want it a bit smaller than that 50cm paper width. The length can be longer (my sizes go by the width or smallest edge measurement of the paper). You can just say you want it wider than it is tall (for your horizontal project - width and height/length are kind of reversed here). You'll see a mock-up image appear as you customize your artwork which will clear up a lot of confusion.

Cheers,
-Gary.

DougM

Post by DougM » Oct 31, 2013 2:38 pm

Great quick reply. I didn't realize you had that great customization engine. I just sent in the order and took your advice and went for the copper brocade, also added in a pretty little fish painting for the guest room. I'll rip and sand a couple of boards this weekend so that I can let the finish dry for a few weeks to be ready to make into a frames.

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Nov 1, 2013 9:56 am

I shipped your fish yesterday. The custom artwork obviously takes a lot longer.

Looks like you settled on a nice square portrait (I did not see any notes about a wider or rectangular shape).

It's going to be beautiful.

By the way, I noticed a little error in my mockup. I forgot to remove the white background from the enso image that was pasted over the paper color. That white square won't be there in the real artwork. Over 300,000 little images to manage (21386 characters times 7 calligraphy styles for Michiko, 9 styles for Xing An-Ping, and 1 for my economy calligrapher = 363,562) there's always one I miss.

-Gary.