Patience poem with picture

The art you like is sold out? Ask here if we have more or can get more.
masterboy

Patience poem with picture

Post by masterboy » Oct 7, 2013 12:03 pm

Hello from Finland!
First sorry my bad english.
I have interested in the picture(bamboo) with chinese poem. Here is the link to picture:
http://pic13.nipic.com/20110320/6916501 ... 6120_2.jpg

and poem is 忍一時/ 風平浪靜/ 退一步/ 海闊天空

Is it possible the picture with poem could custom frame with wall scroll? And how much it is for all?
Thanks for you service

Mien

E: The size could be about 24" and 40-47" with white blank
Attachments
6916501_150320706120_2.jpg
Poem_with_picture
(97.43 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Gary
The Boss

Re: Patience poem with picture

Post by Gary » Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am

The image you sent appears to be a computer-generated graphic for the bamboo. Do you want this to be mechanically-printed, or hand-painted?

If hand-painted, the tricky part will be the combination of large calligraphy (忍) with the painting. Over the past 12 years in China, I have learned that most artists only do paintings, and calligraphers usually just to calligraphy.

Note: Technically, calligraphers are artists, but I'm using these titles to differentiate between and artist that does calligraphy, and one who does watercolor paintings.

So, to do this as a hand-painted piece, it may require two different people (and artist and a calligrapher). Coordinating this is hard. I would have to pay the artist for the painting, and then hope the calligrapher does not make a mistake. If he does make a mistake, I would have to pay the artist for another painting to try again. The risk is high.

Because of the need to pay an artist and calligrapher, and the risk of an error and redo, this is probably about a $200 project.

If you want this to be printed, I can do that for about $60 if the paper panel is 33cm wide. If over 34cm wide, it goes up by $17. If over 50cm add another $18.

With a 33cm paper panel, the scroll will be 43cm wide, and will measure 52cm at the ends of the wooden knobs.

I just bought a $4000 industrial printer that can put beautiful ink on Chinese xuan paper, so I can now offer that service. Though 99% of the artwork I deal with is completely hand painted.

Cheers,
-Gary.

masterboy

Post by masterboy » Oct 11, 2013 6:35 am

Hello Gary.
Yes, if possible the picture can print with your professional printer. Andthe paper wide 33cm is ok for me.
Well, could you please tell me how to order this custom art? Does oriental outpost have a "customize it yourself" page? If it possible I would like pay via Paypal.Thanks!

Is it possible the backround is brown? I attach a pict.

Mien Tran
Attachments
example.jpg
(50.63 KiB) Not downloaded yet

masterboy

Post by masterboy » Oct 11, 2013 7:01 am

Hello again.
Here I have downloaded and share a better quality picture. Hope it is good enough
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nqnl422w188n907/Yen.jpg

Mien Tran

masterboy

Post by masterboy » Oct 17, 2013 4:04 am

Hello,
how about my score? Thnaks

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Oct 17, 2013 9:31 pm

Sorry for the delay...

This forum works weird - since you replied twice to your topic, it looked like it had been answered in my admin view (I look for unanswered posts).

Anyway, I think that image will be enough. Do you have a preference for the paper color? Tan with gold flakes?

-Gary.

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Feb 5, 2014 1:18 pm

I did not hear back from you about the silk colors you wanted, so I went ahead and picked some for you.

Your artwork is ready, and it looks great. I gave you some special two-tone silk with accent lines (normally costs $15 extra, but free for you since this was an experiment).

You can pay for your artwork by adding this item to your cart and checking out:
http://www.orientaloutpost.com/proddetail.php?prod=special

Cheers,
-Gary.