Bamboo Drawing

The art you like is sold out? Ask here if we have more or can get more.
dlaubjr

Bamboo Drawing

Post by dlaubjr » Mar 15, 2016 4:10 am

I very much like the Charcoal Bamboo Landscape Drawing (with silk border), which has been sold. Do you know when Mr. Wang will be creating some similar artwork, please?
Thank you,
Don

Gary
The Boss

Re: Bamboo Drawing

Post by Gary » Mar 16, 2016 10:35 am

He's really retired now from what I hear. His son was thinking about taking over the family business, but I have not seen him at the Beijing art market in a long time. I have a feeling he took a "real" job. At least, that is a common move in today's China.

My daughter is working on perfecting her skills, and may be doing some charcoal and painted bamboos for sale by next year.

I need to take a look, as we did have one framed bamboo landscape from my walk-in gallery that I closed in 2014 after the landlord bumped up the rent by 32%. I'll check my storage room at the new studio.

-Gary.

dlaubjr

Post by dlaubjr » Mar 17, 2016 2:17 am

Gary,
Yes, I believe that I would be interested in the framed piece. Thanks!
-Don

tomamy96

Post by tomamy96 » Dec 2, 2016 7:15 am

I too would LOVE to purchase a a few bamboo charcoal drawings. I bought a huge tiger painting (I'm looking at it in my office right now!) and several calligraphy scrolls from you years ago but missed my chance to buy some of Mr. Wang's art.

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Dec 22, 2016 12:26 pm

Yes, I know his son was taking over the family business, but I have lost track of him. Next time I have a chance, I will head to the village where Mr. Wang lived and see if I can track him down.