Artwork to mount with silk border

Questions and answers about our artwork mounting. See a tour of our artwork mounting workshop.
Con

Artwork to mount with silk border

Post by Con » Aug 5, 2011 7:07 pm

Hello,

I have a watercolor on lokta. I would like to have it mounted in the way that you think would be best (e.g., a complementary color for the silk border — and a border as wide as you think will show off the art at its best.)

The painting is approximately 13" x 9". I am sorry to say that I cannot tell which way is right-side-up for the chalk mark and hope you will know. If not, I can ask the artist. [/img]
Attachments
Jen.jpg
Jen.jpg (84.46 KiB) Viewed 10193 times
Jen.jpg
Jen.jpg (84.46 KiB) Viewed 10193 times

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Aug 6, 2011 11:48 am

OK, I double checked the orientation based on the chop position and text on the chop. Here's where you can see that orientation, and start the customization process:
http://www.orientaloutpost.com/options. ... ge=jen_497

This will make a great little wall scroll, but we can also mount it as a portrait.

Once you place your order, here are the shipping instructions to send your artwork to Beijing:
http://www.orientaloutpost.com/forum/vi ... php?t=4182

Cheers,
-Gary.

Con

Yes, please, the scroll looks lovely

Post by Con » Aug 7, 2011 9:26 am

Hi Gary,

Thank you for your suggestion. Scroll is the way I would like to go.

I am leaning towards the Frost Green but if you think a different color would be better I would go with your suggestion. I will then place my order and follow the instructions for sending the art to Bejing.

I appreciate your help. This is exciting!

Best,

Connie

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Aug 7, 2011 10:15 am

I also like frost green for this artwork. Do keep in mind that your paper is probably beige or white in real life. Your image had a green/blue hue to it. I tried to minimize that and remove the paper wrinkles. This makes frost green seem like it matches more than the other silk colors. More safe colors that may not look like they match are copper or gold.

Here's an example of gold silk with beige paper:
http://www.orientaloutpost.com/proddeta ... iaoyao-xap

-Gary.

Con

Post by Con » Aug 7, 2011 10:27 am

Hi Gary,

Thank you. The paper is white. And I'm glad you like the green. The watercolor is very delicate in its tones and I don't want the brocade to overwhelm it.

I enjoy reading the stories on your site and your comments. Some of them are very funny!

I will go ahead and place my order for the Frost Green scroll and follow your directions for shipping to Beijing.

Thanks again.

Connie

PS: The story you told about the man in China who did not consider his work of value reminded me of Jen. Her husband, my friend Rick, had posted some of her watercolors on his FB page (the work she sells is usually oil). When I admired it, they sent it to me as a gift. When I told Rick I was searching for a proper place to have it framed in a traditional manner he told me that Jen said I was going to way too much trouble over something that was just a trifle.