scroll translation request

Questions and answers about our artwork mounting. See a tour of our artwork mounting workshop.
baja patak

scroll translation request

Post by baja patak » Sep 13, 2010 1:26 pm

Can someone help me about translation of this scroll?
I attached a photo of whole sroll and enlarged detail.
Tnx in advance!
Attachments
photo1.JPG
photo1.JPG (45 KiB) Viewed 8294 times
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (51.98 KiB) Viewed 8294 times

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Sep 13, 2010 8:26 pm

I'm going to tell the next person "no", as doing these for free opens the floodgates, and before you know it, you're spending 4 hours per day answering these. That actually used to happen to me a lot, so now we usually send folks to this link: http://www.orientaloutpost.com/proddeta ... rod=x-eval to pay a $10 fee. It's not about the fee, it's just charging a fee reduces the workload of answering these. I guess I'm in a good mood, so here goes...

Clear, fine (weather)
Cloud
Autumn / Fall
Moon

The individual character meanings can be confusing. Basically, this is about a clear calm good feeling.

FYI: This was 20 minutes of work including consultation with a professional translator (I had to talk to her, as these stylized characters were harder to read).

-Gary.

baja patak

Post by baja patak » Sep 14, 2010 9:59 am

Sory for disturbing Gary.
Thanks a lot.

Baja

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Sep 14, 2010 12:03 pm

No worries. I had a free moment then. I just put the extra info about the level of effort so that it would be appreciated.

As soon as I figure out how to clone myself, I'll have my clone answer these full-time. I actually like this act of providing education and information. Unfortunately, there's no way to make a living doing it.

Cheers,
-Gary.