Two questions

Questions and answers about our artwork mounting. See a tour of our artwork mounting workshop.
Bruno

Two questions

Post by Bruno » Jun 29, 2010 3:27 pm

Hi Gary !

I have received a mail from Orientaloutpost on June the 21st with the link I paste above :

../forum/viewtopic.php?p=8877

and this is the result when I click this link :

The topic or post you requested does not exist

I am wondering about this : may be you have a message for me about the two orders number 12516 and number 12477 ?

Secondly, my credit card has been charged on may 29th for 154,20 USD. I believed this happened only when the work was achieved. Is it the case ? Can you confirm this ?

Cheers
Bruno

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Jun 30, 2010 12:19 pm

That's strange, I wonder what happened. I don't think there was any complication or reason to contact you.

Order 12477 and 12516 were dispatched from Beijing via EMS (Expedited Mail Service) on June 27, 2010. The tracking number is EE215938409CN. Using the China EMS website, I see that the package left China bound for France on the 29th of June. I can suppose it's been on French soil since yesterday, so delivery should be any time now.

We upgraded your shipping to EMS at our expense, as the timing allowed us to combine both orders into one shipment.

You might want to try tracking that number on a French Postal website to get more info (sorry, I don't have the address for that website).

--------

The question of payment timing is a tricky one. For regular goods, the shipment of those goods must be made within a reasonable time frame (usually two business days).

But there is an exception for services and custom made items (such as this case). In this circumstance, the customer can consent to paying in full prior to commencement of work or shipping. My attorney has assured me that a customer placing an order is construed as "consent" by the customer.

I know you did some orders of custom work in the past with us, and you paid later. Unfortunately, this was a complicated and costly method for us (especially since we make nearly no profit on this service).

This is under U.S. law. Obviously, the law in France may differ.

While on that subject: Even though we operate under U.S. and Chinese law, although not required to, I abide by the European Union's Data Protection Directive. I care about my customers and their privacy. We should have the same directive in the USA - though the fear-mongering and incompetent U.S. Government would never allow it.

The most important thing is that we deliver as promised, and treat our customers right. We are an accredited Better Business Bureau member, with the highest possible rating of A+ (only a fraction of businesses in the USA achieve that rating).

Yours,
-Gary.

Bruno

order id 12516 & 12477

Post by Bruno » Jun 30, 2010 2:30 pm

Thank you Gary for the good news : I did not expected that the work is made so fast. If the french post delivery is OK, I could show the wall scrolls in my next training course of painting which will take place next week.
About the payment, I apologize if my question raised you any problem. I worry of no kind and I trust you about this.

Best regards
Bruno

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Jun 30, 2010 3:15 pm

No worries.

If it was easy to do, I would take a 50% deposit to start a project, and 50% upon shipment or delivery. It's just very hard to do this and keep track of such payments.

Hopefully our price and quality makes up for the prepayment issue.

-G.