Apologies

If you have a comment, complaint, or a suggestion for how we can improve, please post here.
fred79

Apologies

Post by fred79 » Sep 6, 2011 5:02 am

My apologies for thinking that the website had changed. I've worked out where I was going wrong. Because the phrase wasn't listed, it didn't go to the next page which is the one I was trying to find. Thanks.
Last edited by fred79 on Sep 7, 2011 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Sep 6, 2011 1:24 pm

It's been the same, with a few improvements for the past 4 years.

You start by searching for a word here:
shufa.php
After you click the "Select and Customize" button next to your favorite phrase, you are taken to choose your calligrapher (3 possible choices).
After you select your calligrapher, you are taken to the options page where you select the silk color, paper color, size, mounting, calligraphy style, and many other custom options.
After a confirmation page (to make sure you've got everything you want), it's in your shopping cart.

Over the years, I and my translators have written about 4000 entries into our calligraphy database. That's what you are searching from shufa.php

We don't have every conceivable phrase, as that would take over 1 Million entries (it would cost 20 Million dollars to do that project, so it's not going to happen). But we do custom words for free when they are requested, and we charge a small translation fee for phrases that need to be composed by a translator.

Before about 4-5 years ago, things were different. At that time, the number of options was more limited, and we did not have a Japanese calligrapher.
I've put about 500 hours of work into making things better since then.

I hope this covers your concern