Serenity Prayer - 3rd tattoo advice request

Want to know what your Chinese or Japanese tattoo says? Need info about Chinese Character / Japanese Kanji tattoos? See also: Asian Tattoo Template Service
Locked
tomasz
Posts: 4
Joined: Jul 7, 2013 7:59 am

Serenity Prayer - 3rd tattoo advice request

Post by tomasz » Jul 9, 2013 3:32 pm

Hello Gary,

I would like some advice on my tattoos and a 3rd one I would like to do.

The "symbol" of second one does not look like quite the way I wanted, I would like you comments on that, also the first if you see anything.

On the 3rd one I would like to add courage using this character below

Image

What would you think could be a good drawing to add with it? same meaning.


---------------
For the last, there's a girl that wants to do the same courage tattoo, however with 2 characters.

She wants Image and add Image, do you have this on same "font" of the first one? what would be a good drawing for her... she's snow white skin, dark/red hair, skinny just on the right shape.

Really appreciate it,

Regards
Attachments
IMG_2207.JPG
2nd
IMG_2207.JPG (38.42 KiB) Viewed 12812 times
IMG_1953.JPG
1st
IMG_1953.JPG (71.58 KiB) Viewed 12812 times

User avatar
Gary
The Boss
Posts: 6091
Joined: Oct 30, 2007 11:30 pm
Location: San Diego / Beijing
Contact:

Re: Serenity Prayer - 3rd tattoo advice request

Post by Gary » Jul 12, 2013 9:49 am

I'm trying to understand the questions you're asking here. Please forgive me if my answer does not match what you wanted.

As far as an image to go with courage: In Chinese culture, there is the tiger, dragon, and warrior (such as Guan Gong) who are considered courageous.

The second character with courage is appropriate, though the fonts you show do not match. I suggest my tattoo template service for that (just $20 will get you over 120 styles to choose from).

Not sure that you wanted to ask about the other images you attached, but IMG_2207.JPG is backwards, so I hope you took that in a mirror.

-Gary.

tomasz
Posts: 4
Joined: Jul 7, 2013 7:59 am

Re: Serenity Prayer - 3rd tattoo advice request

Post by tomasz » Jul 12, 2013 1:48 pm

Gary wrote:I'm trying to understand the questions you're asking here. Please forgive me if my answer does not match what you wanted.

As far as an image to go with courage: In Chinese culture, there is the tiger, dragon, and warrior (such as Guan Gong) who are considered courageous.
I would like you advice on a image for man and one for a woman.
- I have serenity symbol + wisdom with a dragon;
- She has a phoenix;
What would be a nice match?

Gary wrote: The second character with courage is appropriate, though the fonts you show do not match. I suggest my tattoo template service for that (just $20 will get you over 120 styles to choose from).
We have already chosen the font, is the first one, I would like to match on the second one. Would you build a template with this font only for both symbols? how much and how can I pay you?
Gary wrote: Not sure that you wanted to ask about the other images you attached, but IMG_2207.JPG is backwards, so I hope you took that in a mirror.

-Gary.
Yes it was taken on a mirror lol, I would like to know your opnion on that, is that accurate? what could I do to improve it?
Attachments
IMG_2207.JPG
IMG_2207.JPG (38.63 KiB) Viewed 12792 times

User avatar
Gary
The Boss
Posts: 6091
Joined: Oct 30, 2007 11:30 pm
Location: San Diego / Beijing
Contact:

Re: Serenity Prayer - 3rd tattoo advice request

Post by Gary » Jul 12, 2013 4:04 pm

Often the phoenix is associated with women (though there is a male phoenix also). The dragon is almost always seen as masculine. The dragon is the representation of the emperor (among other things) and the emperor is male.

Avoid a lioness, as that's the symbol of a woman that nags her cowering husband, dominating him. At least, there is an old Chinese proverb to that effect.

So, in short, the phoenix is a good match with positive meaning for her.

Your wisdom character feels a little rough to me, but the style seems to match the dragon sketch style, so that makes it better.

Do you have an order number for your bravery/courage tattoo? If so, I can try to cut you a break on an expanded (two character) version of courage.

-Gary.

tomasz
Posts: 4
Joined: Jul 7, 2013 7:59 am

Re: Serenity Prayer - 3rd tattoo advice request

Post by tomasz » Aug 3, 2013 7:10 pm

Hello Gary,

I have some questions, We want the same caracters, same word, however different styles.

So, how do I order it? Do you also design the tattoo or just the caracters?

Best Regards,

User avatar
Gary
The Boss
Posts: 6091
Joined: Oct 30, 2007 11:30 pm
Location: San Diego / Beijing
Contact:

Re: Serenity Prayer - 3rd tattoo advice request

Post by Gary » Aug 3, 2013 10:57 pm

I can layout the characters in a series of columns etc. I'm not drawing any dragons or anything, just laying out the characters properly (after making sure the translation is correct, etc).

You get over 100 styles for any Chinese tattoo request. You can order here:
http://www.orientaloutpost.com/chinese- ... ervice.php

There are some links to free template samples on that page in case you want to see the styles, and how the templates work.

-Gary.

tomasz
Posts: 4
Joined: Jul 7, 2013 7:59 am

Re: Serenity Prayer - 3rd tattoo advice request

Post by tomasz » Sep 8, 2013 7:51 pm

Gary,

My Order ID is 16955

I am between this Image and this style Image

She wants this styleImage

We would like the 2 symbols as I mentioned on the first post, one on top of the other.

Would you help me?

Best Regards,



Gary wrote:I can layout the characters in a series of columns etc. I'm not drawing any dragons or anything, just laying out the characters properly (after making sure the translation is correct, etc).

You get over 100 styles for any Chinese tattoo request. You can order here:
http://www.orientaloutpost.com/chinese- ... ervice.php

There are some links to free template samples on that page in case you want to see the styles, and how the templates work.

-Gary.

User avatar
Gary
The Boss
Posts: 6091
Joined: Oct 30, 2007 11:30 pm
Location: San Diego / Beijing
Contact:

Re: Serenity Prayer - 3rd tattoo advice request

Post by Gary » Sep 12, 2013 11:39 am

Hey Fabio,

I just sent your tattoo templates to your email address. I gave you the single character and a commonly-used two-character version (the one you wanted in the previous post). I wasn't correlating between this forum post at that order, but I gave you the version you wanted. It seems like a natural choice to give the two most common versions of bravery/courage.

The styles you want are included in the templates.

If you have any further questions or need advice, please ask.

Cheers,
-Gary.

Locked