Aquarius tattoo

Want to know what your Chinese or Japanese tattoo says? Need info about Chinese Character / Japanese Kanji tattoos? See also: Asian Tattoo Template Service
rose2813

Aquarius tattoo

Post by rose2813 » May 3, 2013 7:27 am

Hello a few years back I got an Aquarius kanji on my ankle. I know its right because during a hospital visit, one of the nurses validated what it meant by asking me if thats what I had wanted. Good. Now, looking on this webpage I see they usually have 3 characters, whereas mine only has the first two!! So I know its right, but its not at the same time, and for the life of me I cant find a 2 character Aquarius kanji or what the 2nd character represents. Any help would be appreciated!! I think my tat is more a water bearer or carrier of water (what the nurse had said) as opposed to Aquarius.

Thanks!

Gary
The Boss

Re: Aquarius tattoo

Post by Gary » May 6, 2013 1:11 pm

水
瓶
座

You probably have the first two characters which mean:
water jug.
A Buddhist term for portable water vessel (for drinking or washing up).

The third character kind of helps to say this is a constellation or a zodiac sign. It literally means seat or throne, but in this case, it clarifies that you're talking about the zodiac/constellation rather than just a jug of water.

You might have one of the more obscure or less-common Aquarius titles. You can check out this page from my dictionary for more info on those:
http://www.orientaloutpost.com/dictiona ... q=Aquarius

Cheers,
-Gary.

rose2813

Post by rose2813 » May 6, 2013 1:46 pm

Excellent! Thanks so much! A friend of mine in Japan had said the last symbol is to really clarify that its a zodiak sign. So **phew** thanks again!

kurbatskiy

Post by kurbatskiy » Sep 11, 2015 11:48 pm

Since Aquarians are happier living and working independently, they easily derive the happiness from their freedom. Most of them have a good command over personal wills and believe that they can be successful naturally. All Aquarius tattoos symbolize all the traits within their designs. They also possess a very fundamental belief system, which drives most their actions and directs them to making their decisions. They have strong believes and which outsiders can hardly sway :) :)