Unusual Kakejiku/Pleaze Help!?

If you can't find a sub-forum that matches the subject of your question post it here.
CamS19

Unusual Kakejiku/Pleaze Help!?

Post by CamS19 » May 1, 2015 12:21 pm

Hello. I'm Cameron, a good customer from Oriental outpost, and I had a question pertaining to a certain Japanese kakejiku that I had just recently recieved. I know that it isn't merchandise from the store, but I was wondering if anyone might be willing to investigate...

This kakejiku is good, but in the background on the main artwork piece (silk) I see oracle bone-style kanji... I'm wondering since these are squared and centered with the artwork if this was intentional? Also, what do they mean, and does it add to or subtract from the overall appearance/value of the kakejiku? Thank in advance....
Attachments
ebaysou20150327 027.jpg
ebaysou20150327 027.jpg (108.74 KiB) Viewed 65421 times
ebaysou20150327 028 (1).jpg

Gary
The Boss

Re: Unusual Kakejiku/Pleaze Help!?

Post by Gary » May 20, 2015 10:11 am

I had a couple people take a look. Just too many things make this difficult. The characters are too light and hard to read, the characters are specially-styled (not typical tensho), and they seem to be overly elaborate (extra strokes or combined characters).

They are related to bagua and fortune telling. See also I-Ching: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Ching

This is all related, but it would hours of research to clarify all the issues and translations here.