White Matting for Mo Nong paintings

If you can't find a sub-forum that matches the subject of your question post it here.
Deb Wong

White Matting for Mo Nong paintings

Post by Deb Wong » Dec 30, 2014 2:22 pm

Hello Gary:

I would like to purchase some more Mo Nong paintings to add to my collection. I notice that a few of the ones I would like to purchase are mounted on a brown matting. Is there any possibility they can be mounted on a white matting?

Thank you.

Deborah

Gary
The Boss

Re: White Matting for Mo Nong paintings

Post by Gary » Jan 6, 2015 7:15 am

We went back and forth one which silk to use when we mounted these. Tried white at first, but it didn't seem quite right. The next two batches I used copper, which does seem to fit better.

I could ask the artist for a few more and mount them special for you. But that process can take a couple months (for painting, mounting, transport to the USA, and photography).

Another option is to have them matted when you frame them, and hide the silk border when some nice light mat board of your choice.

Let me know if you want me to contact the artist, etc.

Cheers,
-Gary.

Deb Wong

Re: White Matting for Mo Nong paintings

Post by Deb Wong » Jan 9, 2015 11:21 pm

Hi, Gary thank you for your reply. I might consider re-matting which though more costly might save me a lengthy wait. Before I order some more Mo Nong paintings from your posted inventory, do you have any you have not yet titled, etc so I can have a wider selection.

Thanks for your help and looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers,
Deborah