Custom square seal scrolls

If you can't find a sub-forum that matches the subject of your question post it here.
sunmtn
Advanced Member

Custom square seal scrolls

Post by sunmtn » Feb 29, 2012 12:05 pm

Hello Gary,
Can I have the master calligrapher Xing An-Ping do an exact as possible selection from one of the samples you provided in square seal script. I would start with the one attached. Thanks.

Keith Sonnenberg
Mesa, AZ
Attachments
Wing_Tsun_square_seal.jpg
Wing_Tsun_square_seal.jpg (32.48 KiB) Viewed 18623 times

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Feb 29, 2012 12:08 pm

Yes. You can select square seal script for the project, and reference this image or forum post in your special instructions. I can include the image with the order details to Xing An-Ping, so he knows which character versions you want (there are tons of alternate forms from the seal script era).

-Gary.

sunmtn
Advanced Member

Post by sunmtn » Feb 29, 2012 5:50 pm

Yes. You can select square seal script for the project, and reference this image or forum post in your special instructions. I can include the image with the order details to Xing An-Ping, so he knows which character versions you want (there are tons of alternate forms from the seal script era).

-Gary.
Gary,
I just edited this post:
Thank you. I have placed an order in the cart. I want two identical scrolls in every respect except for the paper. On the first scroll, I selected "natural fiber" and the second one I want as "plain tan." The cart is correct.
Sorry for the initial confusion.
Keith Sonnenberg
Mesa, AZ

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Mar 1, 2012 1:42 pm

No worries.

I'll send the exact image that you posted here to Master Xing An-Ping so we are sure to do it precisely the way you want it.

You have quite a collection of calligraphy wall scrolls now. I wish I could walk through your martial arts studio (maybe I can some day since you're just over the border in Arizona).

If you ever get any pictures of you and/or your students sparring with some of these wall scrolls in the background, I'll definitely feature them on my home page for a month or two. They would later find a permanent place on a page of my website with a link to your website.

I've been wanting images like that for years now. The closest I've come is this one at a Kung Fu championship event that I sponsored (one of several sponsors)...

[image="http://a.ooi1.com/asian-art/fight.jpg"]Oriental Outpost at Kung Fu Championship Event[/image]

-Gary.

sunmtn
Advanced Member

Post by sunmtn » Mar 1, 2012 6:47 pm

No worries.

I'll send the exact image that you posted here to Master Xing An-Ping so we are sure to do it precisely the way you want it.

You have quite a collection of calligraphy wall scrolls now. I wish I could walk through your martial arts studio (maybe I can some day since you're just over the border in Arizona).

If you ever get any pictures of you and/or your students sparring with some of these wall scrolls in the background, I'll definitely feature them on my home page for a month or two. They would later find a permanent place on a page of my website with a link to your website.

I've been wanting images like that for years now. The closest I've come is this one at a Kung Fu championship event that I sponsored (one of several sponsors)...

[image="http://a.ooi1.com/asian-art/fight.jpg"]Oriental Outpost at Kung Fu Championship Event[/image]

-Gary.
Gary,
Thank you for your personal attention to my order.
Currently I teach in a dance school so I cannot leave the scrolls there. Too many people use that room. I do have three scrolls on display in my home training area. The rest are waiting for a place to hang them. I may start rotating them in and out of my training area. I am hoping they will find a home in a future building for my teaching business.

Keith