Custom Japanese scroll

Other Chinese or Japanese calligraphy issues that does not seem to fit any of the categories above.
fred79

Custom Japanese scroll

Post by fred79 » Sep 6, 2011 5:17 am

Hi there. I've previously bought a few custom scrolls in the past 12 months when I was able to choose the calligrapher that I wanted. Now that the website has changed I can't do this.
I'd like to have a Japanese scroll vertical with the exact phrase "In Honour Of Women, For The Love Of Birth".
Please contact me. Thanks.

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Sep 6, 2011 1:13 pm

We haven't changed anything. You can still choose from our standard/economy Chinese calligrapher, our Chinese master calligrapher, or the person it sounds like you want, which is Michiko Imai, the Japanese master calligrapher.

Your phrase is a bit complex, and I need to pay a translator to work on this. The way I handle this is by collecting a small fee for doing the translation. I'll be paying the translator $20, so that's what I charge:
http://www.orientaloutpost.com/proddeta ... ranslation

However, after you pay for the translation, I'll send you a coupon for $10 off the purchase of your wall scroll. So in the end, you effectively pay just $10.
I often lose money on these projects that involve translation, but it keeps my staff busy.

Cheers,
-Gary.

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Sep 6, 2011 1:26 pm

By the way, if you have the Japanese text that you want on a wall scroll, just post it here (this forum is designed to accept and properly display Japanese text). In that case, you don't need to worry about the translation fee.

I'll manually set up your custom wall scroll purchase once I have that text, and post it here ASAP.

-Gary.