Not what you want?
Try searching again using:
1. Other similar-meaning words.
2. Fewer words or just one word.
Buy a God Is Good calligraphy wall scroll here!
Start your custom "God Is Good" project by clicking the button next to your favorite "God Is Good" title below...
I've noticed you are searching for "god is good". If you are interested, I can have your favorite verse from the Torah or Bible translated into Chinese and written on a wall scroll for you. Please contact me siting the verse or verses you want. Here is an example: Joshua 24:15.
If you are looking for a Jewish or Christian title, phrase, or word, I have a great selection here: Christian Words in Chinese
Quick links to words on this page...
| 1. God is Good
2. Word of God / The Gospel
3. Longevity / Long Life Wishes
| 4. Seven Heavenly Virtues|
5. Art of War: 5 Points of Analysis
This is the Chinese, Korean and Japanese word for "Gospel" or "Word of God." This is a specifically Christian word in Asia (not used for any other religion).
The first character means "blessing," "good fortune" or "good luck." This first character is a special character used throughout China to bring good tidings and fortune - especially during Chinese New Years. The second character means "sound," "noise" or "news."
Together, these characters create a word that means "The Good News" or "The Sound of Good Fortune."
When read by a Chinese or Japanese person, this word is always perceived as "The Christian Gospel," "Word of God," or even "The Voice of God."
This is a phrase that means "May you have good fortune as great as the eastern oceans, and may your life last as long as the southern mountains."
In ancient Chinese mythology, the eastern oceans and southern mountains are where God resides (basically it is the same as saying "heaven"). So it's like saying, "May your good fortune and life be as vast as the heavens."
There is also a longer, 14-character version of this phrase. Also, this can be cut into two scrolls (with half the phrase on each side - great for hanging on either side of a doorway). Just let me know if you'd like a special version (there is an additional cost).
This is a list in Chinese and Japanese Kanji of an interpretation of the Seven Heavenly Virtues.
1. Faith is belief in God, and the right virtues.
2. Hope is taking a positive future view that good will prevail.
3. Charity is concern for, and active helping of, others.
4. Fortitude is never giving up.
5. Justice is being fair and equitable with others.
6. Prudence is care of and moderation with money.
7. Temperance is moderation of needed things and abstinence from things which are not needed.
The full list is here. This is a word list, not a common phrase. While all Chinese and Japanese people will recognize the words in the list, they may not understand what the list is about (unless they are familiar with the Seven Heavenly Virtues).
Don't get this as a tattoo or anything like that without first consulting a native translator in the target language. These are fine for a wall scroll but a long discussion is needed before you commit to this for a lifetime inking commitment.
The first chapter of Sun Tzu's Art of War lists five key points to analyzing your situation.
It reads like a 5-part military proverb. Sun Tzu says that to sharpen your skills, you must plan. To plan well, you must know your situation. Therefore, you must consider and discuss the following:
1. Philosophy and Politics: Make sure your way or your policy is agreeable among all of your troops (and the citizens of your kingdom as well). For when your soldiers believe in you and your way, they will follow you to their deaths without hesitation, and will not question your orders.
2. Heaven/Sky: Consider climate / weather. This can also mean to consider whether God is smiling on you. In the modern military, this could be waiting for clear skies so that you can have air support for an amphibious landing.
3. Ground/Earth: Consider the terrain in which the battle will take place. This includes analyzing defensible positions, exit routes, and using varying elevation to your advantage. When you plan an ambush, you must know your terrain, and the best location from which to stage that ambush. This knowledge will also help you avoid being ambushed, as you will know where the likely places in which to expect an ambush from your enemy.
4. Leadership: This applies to you as the general, and also to your lieutenants. A leader should be smart and be able to develop good strategies. Leaders should keep their word, and if they break a promise, they should punish themselves as harshly as they would punish subordinates. Leaders should be benevolent to their troops, with almost a fatherly love for them. Leaders must have the ability to make brave and fast decisions. Leaders must have steadfast principles.
5. [Military] Methods: This can also mean laws, rules, principles, model, or system. You must have an efficient organization in place to manage both your troops and supplies. In the modern military, this would be a combination of how your unit is organized, and your SOP (Standard Operating Procedure).
Notes: This is a simplistic translation and explanation. Much more is suggested in the actual text of the Art of War (Bing Fa). It would take a lot of study to master all of these aspects. In fact, these five characters can be compared to the modern military acronyms such as BAMCIS or SMEAC.
CJK notes: I have included the Japanese and Korean pronunciations but in Chinese, Korean and Japanese, this does not make a typical phrase (with subject, verb, and object) it is a list that only someone familiar with Sun Tzu's writings would understand.
Your Price: $29.00
Your Price: $30.00
Your Price: $30.00
Your Price: $33.00
Your Price: $30.00
Your Price: $30.00
Your Price: $58.88
Your Price: $68.88
Your Price: $68.88
Your Price: $23.00
Your Price: $58.88
The following table may be helpful for those studying Chinese or Japanese...
|Title||Characters||Romaji(Romanized Japanese)||Various forms of Romanized Chinese|
|God is Good||神真美好||shén zhēn měi hǎo
shen2 zhen1 mei3 hao3
shen zhen mei hao
|shen chen mei hao
|God is Good||神は善である||kami wa zendearu|
|Word of God
|福音||fukuin||fú yīn / fu2 yin1 / fu yin / fuyin|
Long Life Wishes
|fú rú dōng hǎi shòu bǐ nán shān
fu2 ru2 dong1 hai3 shou4 bi3 nan2 shan1
fu ru dong hai shou bi nan shan
|fu ju tung hai shou pi nan shan
|Seven Heavenly Virtues||信仰希望慈善堅忍正義慎重節制|
|shinkou kibou jizen kennin seigi shinchou sessei|
shinko kibo jizen kennin seigi shincho sesei
|xìn yǎng xī wàng cí shàn jiān rěn zhèng yì shèn zhòng jié zhì
xin4 yang3 xi1 wang4 ci2 shan4 jian1 ren3 zheng4 yi4 shen4 zhong4 jie2 zhi4
xin yang xi wang ci shan jian ren zheng yi shen zhong jie zhi
|hsin yang hsi wang tz`u shan chien jen cheng i shen chung chieh chih
hsin yang hsi wang tzu shan chien jen cheng i shen chung chieh chih
|Art of War: 5 Points of Analysis||道天地將法|
|dou ten chi shou hou|
do ten chi sho ho
|dào tiān dì jiàng fǎ
dao4 tian1 di4 jiang4 fa3
dao tian di jiang fa
|tao t`ien ti chiang fa
tao tien ti chiang fa
|In some entries above you will see that characters have different versions above and below a line.|
In these cases, the characters above the line are Traditional Chinese, while the ones below are Simplified Chinese.
Successful Chinese Character and Japanese Kanji calligraphy searches within the last few hours...
All of our calligraphy wall scrolls are handmade.
When the calligrapher finishes creating your artwork, it is taken to my art mounting workshop in Beijing where a wall scroll is made by hand from a combination of silk, rice paper, and wood.
After we create your wall scroll, it takes at least two weeks for air mail delivery from Beijing to you.
Allow a few weeks for delivery. Rush service speeds it up by a week or two for $10!
When you select your calligraphy, you'll be taken to another page where you can choose various custom options.
The wall scroll that Sandy is holding in this picture is a "large size"
single-character wall scroll.
We also offer custom wall scrolls in small, medium, and an even-larger jumbo size.
Professional calligraphers are getting to be hard to find these days.
Instead of drawing characters by hand, the new generation in China merely type roman letters into their computer keyboards and pick the character that they want from a list that pops up.
There is some fear that true Chinese calligraphy may become a lost art in the coming years. Many art institutes in China are now promoting calligraphy programs in hopes of keeping this unique form of art alive.
Even with the teachings of a top-ranked calligrapher in China, my calligraphy will never be good enough to sell. I will leave that to the experts.
The same calligrapher who gave me those lessons also attracted a crowd of thousands and a TV crew as he created characters over 6-feet high. He happens to be ranked as one of the top 100 calligraphers in all of China. He is also one of very few that would actually attempt such a feat.
Check out my lists of Japanese Kanji Calligraphy Wall Scrolls and Old Korean Hanja Calligraphy Wall Scrolls.
Some people may refer to this entry as God Is Good Kanji, God Is Good Characters, God Is Good in Mandarin Chinese, God Is Good Characters, God Is Good in Chinese Writing, God Is Good in Japanese Writing, God Is Good in Asian Writing, God Is Good Ideograms, Chinese God Is Good symbols, God Is Good Hieroglyphics, God Is Good Glyphs, God Is Good in Chinese Letters, God Is Good Hanzi, God Is Good in Japanese Kanji, God Is Good Pictograms, God Is Good in the Chinese Written-Language, or God Is Good in the Japanese Written-Language.