Get your hand-carved stone chops/stamps/seals here...

The art you like is sold out? Ask here if we have more or can get more.
Gary
The Boss

Get your hand-carved stone chops/stamps/seals here...

Post by Gary » Apr 6, 2010 2:01 pm

Square chops are available in 20mm, 25mm, or 30mm.

Starting at 20mm there's a $30 fee for the stone and a basic service, then $10 per character that you want carved - so a 2-character name is $50.

Larger sizes are $5 extra for each additional 5mm of size.

We have plans to find a cheaper engraver for a more basic level of service, but currently we only have Master Xing (who is a world class chop engraver). Even the Chinese version of congressmen seek him out to have their chops done in Beijing.

A cheaper stone and cheaper engraver would be half this cost (probably the quality found in many Chinatowns around the world, as well as tourist markets in China).

Here are some samples of what the print from various chop styles can look like:

Positive style, which the master carver likes to call "red character" style...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Negative or Reverse style, which the master carver likes to call "white character" style...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Ovals or Oblongs:
1 2 3 4 5 6

chop sizes
Chop sizes 20mm 25mm and 30mm. Typical appearance, but color and carving on top can vary.

red box with chop
We have nice silk brocade boxes available for $5. Basic red clay ink in porcelain also $5.

red box with ink
Another view of the box.

chop boxes
Great looking boxes.

blue box with chop and ink
Blue box shown with 25mm chop and $5 ink.

If you want to order a special set, just let us know. These are put together custom for you (because it's so personal, it's not a regular item on our website).

-Gary.
Last edited by Gary on Sep 4, 2011 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Apr 8, 2011 3:29 pm

We are offering that cheaper service now. For a 20mm square chop it's $25 for a single character chop, and $5 each additional character. This is nearly half the price.

My wife has been practicing for a full year now, and feels confident in her abilities enough to offer her work for sale. We'll make these right here in the USA (with materials from China) so delivery is fast.

Let me know what you want on your chop.

-Gary.

Gary
The Boss

Re: Get your hand-carved stone chops/stamps/seals here...

Post by Gary » Jun 26, 2012 11:47 am

This topic was getting a bit confusing, so I've split some chop requests into new topics to clean this up:

Warriors for Christ: viewtopic.php?t=31135

Stone's Throw Studio: viewtopic.php?t=31134

-Gary.

Boots

Post by Boots » Dec 22, 2013 8:35 pm

I would like to order a custom chop, as a birthday present for my sister. I wasn't sure how names translated, but I'd like either "Sarah Amundsen" or "Amundsen", depending how many characters that'd need. What size would work for this? I'd like it to have a positive style, carving style number 9 unless there's some reason not to, with the red ink and the blue box. I want a carved top, but I'm not sure what kind. Do you have a recommendation?

I'm okay with a name by meaning or sounds...Amundsen means "Sword protected('s) son", and Sarah means princess. Maybe combine them as "sword protected princess"?

I can be reached by email at gaamundsen@alaska.edu or 907-244-5703.

Thank you,

Grace Amundsen

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Dec 23, 2013 1:56 am

It's going to be too many characters among other issues if you try to do the first and last name. I suggest Amundsen alone, which would be 3 characters: 阿蒙森 a1 meng2 sen1

You can order that here:

http://www.orientaloutpost.com/proddetail.php?prod=chop

Cheers,
-Gary.

Sensei Rester

Post by Sensei Rester » May 7, 2014 3:36 pm

Gary,

Can you guys carve Kanji ? Also what about custom logos? or combination of both?

Thanks

Sensei Rester

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » May 8, 2014 10:34 am

Kanji, yes. Logos, not-so-much.

If you want a logo, I suggest a rubber stamp. I really like http://www.rubberstampchamp.com/

I've had a bunch of Asian logo and character stamps made by them. I use them for stamping my shipping boxes and other documents. If you can create a high-res image of what you want, you can upload it to their site, and in a week or so, you have a great self-inking stamp.

If you need an actual chop, just give me the characters you want (in Japanese text or attach an image here).

I have two options. One is the master carver who charges $40 for the first character and $10 each additional.

Or, my wife can carve one for you at $25 for the first character, $5 each additional.

Both of those prices are for 20mm chops. You might want a 25mm or 30mm which are a little more.

Cheers,
-Gary.

meierm5

Post by meierm5 » Dec 6, 2014 11:10 pm

Hello Gary sir, I would like to purchase a chop stamp with the shape of number 7 on your scale list provided, what appears to be a diamond shape with a circle inside. I would like it to read as close as possible “Meier, warrior” マイヤー 侍 Please let me know if this is possible. Thank you

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Dec 20, 2014 6:00 pm

The number 7 looks like this: 七

That's a bit different than what you described.

I can probably get this made for you, but there are several caveats:

1. This is going to be a lot of characters. Each one is $10 more, so that will add up.

2. While 侍 means Samurai (and thus sort of mean warrior), it means "servant" in Chinese, and it's origin is the same in Japanese. To more directly say "warrior" a title like 武士 might be better.

3. My master carver is Chinese, but he can carve these characters. Some of these characters (マイヤー) are specifically-Japanese. I don't have a Japanese carver to refer you do, but that might be what you want.

We can, of course, do this all in the original Chinese if you wanted. Even your name would be written in fewer characters.

-Gary.