New phrase

We'll be happy to translate a simple phrase into Mandarin Chinese for you. We can also do your favorite Bible verse, or Chinese philosophy. If you need a long phrase, poem, or song lyrics translated, there may be a translation charge (we'll let you know before we do it).
Tominjapan

New phrase

Post by Tominjapan » Oct 11, 2013 8:15 am

Gary,
Can you add the following phrase to the custom wall in Japanese: "If you want peace, prepare for war." I have used several translators for this phrase in Japanese and the most common answer came as: あなたが平和を望むなら、戦争のために準備. Could you verify and add a link to buy this? Thanks for the help and looking forward to displaying it in my Tokonoma here in Japan.
-Tom

Gary
The Boss

Re: New phrase

Post by Gary » Oct 11, 2013 2:31 pm

Your phrase makes sense, but I don't know if it's the most profound or poetic way to say this. I need to consult a native translator for that (something I have to pay for). That would be a $20 charge for the translator.

However, I have a shortcut for you to avoid that cost. You can order this phrase from Japanese Master Calligrapher Michiko Imai. I'll send along a message asking her to make sure this is the best way to express this idea in Japanese, and if not, give her the flexibility to make changes. You can do that by starting here:
http://www.orientaloutpost.com/options. ... 0633&110=1

Yours,
-Gary.