Need a minor augmentation to existing banner...

We'll be happy to translate a simple phrase into Mandarin Chinese for you. We can also do your favorite Bible verse, or Chinese philosophy. If you need a long phrase, poem, or song lyrics translated, there may be a translation charge (we'll let you know before we do it).
JAD

Need a minor augmentation to existing banner...

Post by JAD » Nov 28, 2012 2:10 pm

You previously created me the Shotokan Karate Do banner for my dojo. We really enjoy that banner. I was wondering if you could strike the "Do" and replace with the two characters for "Society". I have found the following 協 会 and have used them on my patch. I have attached a .jpg of our club patch. I was also wondering if you could produce a matching banner and a soft copy file of the finished product that I could use in the production of my club certificates.

Thank you for your consideration.

Jonathan Deckert
Maryland, USA
shotokankaratedo@myactv.net
(240)329-3923
Attachments
SKS Patch.jpg

Gary
The Boss

Re: Need a minor augmentation to existing banner...

Post by Gary » Nov 29, 2012 1:23 am

鬆 Pine
濤 Big Wave
館 Mansion, Small Castle, Nobleman, Noblewoman
空 Sky / Ether / Void<br>Emptiness / Unreality
手 Hand
協 Cooperate, Harmonized
會 Association

No problem. Those characters can be association, society, or organization. You'll see all kinds of groups using one of these three translations in English.

Order your wall scroll here:
http://www.orientaloutpost.com/options.php?cname=Shotokan+Karate+Society&cimg=39686+28644+39208+31354+25163+21332+26371

Since I'll be doing the wall scroll, and have already done most of the work, I can do digital templates for you in upwards of 100 styles for $25. This will be a tattoo template (but you can use it for anything). Just enter the number of words as 2, so you only pay $25. This will be great for letterhead, business cards, etc. Order here:
http://www.orientaloutpost.com/chinese-character-japanese-kanji-tattoo-service.php

Cheers,
-Gary.

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Nov 29, 2012 1:26 am

Actually, I just gave you the ancient or traditional version. In modern Japan, they write it this way:
松
涛
館
空
手
協
会

Order that scroll here:
http://www.orientaloutpost.com/options.php?cname=Shotokan+Karate+Society&cimg=26494+28059+39208+31354+25163+21332+20250

Sometimes Shotokan is written with the traditional second character (I've seen it on martial arts patches). But the last character has been written 会 instead of 會 for a long time (at least since 1946, but maybe longer). I believe that 会 came from a cursive version of the original 會.

-Gary.

JAD

Post by JAD » Nov 29, 2012 11:17 am

Thank you very much. I do prefer the modern translation that matched the patch .jpg and I appreciate the deal on the Tatoo file. I will be submitting my order today. I will review this with the school and see if any students would like a banner. They are pretty excited.

Best Regards,

Jonathan