translation needed please

We'll be happy to translate a simple phrase into Mandarin Chinese for you. We can also do your favorite Bible verse, or Chinese philosophy. If you need a long phrase, poem, or song lyrics translated, there may be a translation charge (we'll let you know before we do it).
madnasher

translation needed please

Post by madnasher » Nov 23, 2012 11:10 am

Hi, im looking for a translation of the phrase 'sword of my heart' i would appreciate any help in getting this.

many thanks, jay

Gary
The Boss

Re: translation needed please

Post by Gary » Nov 23, 2012 2:30 pm

I don't think this is going to work out very well. It's going to sound like "stabbed in the heart". Actually, I've having trouble understanding what this is supposed to mean in English. But combining sword and heart in Chinese almost always would suggest some kind of bloodshed.

Can you clarify the meaning?

-Gary.

madnasher

Re: translation needed please

Post by madnasher » Nov 23, 2012 3:02 pm

Certainly, its in honour of my son who passed away, and how he is the reason for my heart to keep fighting on, ie he is the reason that even though he is gone from my life he is the reason i keep fighting on. If you feel a different structuring of the phrase is more applicable then i am open to suggestions.

glad i actually asked because i didn't realise the connotations of the structure in another language.

many thanks, jay