"Love is Kind" Japanese Wall Scroll

We'll be happy to translate a simple phrase into Mandarin Chinese for you. We can also do your favorite Bible verse, or Chinese philosophy. If you need a long phrase, poem, or song lyrics translated, there may be a translation charge (we'll let you know before we do it).
destinye_majestic

"Love is Kind" Japanese Wall Scroll

Post by destinye_majestic » Dec 14, 2011 11:27 am

Is it possible to get a "Love is Kind" Japanese wall scroll? I see that you have them in Chinese but my 14 year old daughter is obsessed with Japanese. If so, how much would it cost?

Thank you!
Heather

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Dec 14, 2011 3:47 pm

Do you mean just the phrase, "love is kind", or do you mean the whole Corinthians verse with a big love character at the top?

Just the phrase would be about $100 in authentic Japanese calligraphy on a handmade wall scroll.

The special Corinthians project would be about $20-30 more.

-Gary.

destinye_majestic

Post by destinye_majestic » Dec 14, 2011 9:49 pm

The entire verse please. How fast could I get one made and shipped?

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Dec 15, 2011 5:44 pm

Japanese calligraphy takes a while since it has to travel between three countries by the time we deliver it to you. Standard service is 6-7 weeks, but full rush service (for $10 extra) can get it to you in 4-5 weeks.

I looked up the full verse:
愛は忍耐強い。愛は情け深い。ねたまない。愛は自慢せず、高ぶらない。

It's a lot longer than I expected. While written Japanese is actually derived from Chinese, it takes a lot more Japanese characters to express things.

Here's where you can customize and order this:
http://www.orientaloutpost.com/shufa.php?q=Corinthians+13%3A4

Just put a note in the special instructions tab if you want the large "love" character at the top of your custom wall scroll.

Cheers,
-Gary.

destinye_majestic

Re: "Love is Kind" Japanese Wall Scroll

Post by destinye_majestic » Oct 30, 2012 7:55 am

I would like to order this now. Please have the Japanese symbol for Love at the top of the scroll.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Gary
The Boss

Re: "Love is Kind" Japanese Wall Scroll

Post by Gary » Oct 31, 2012 10:48 pm

I have fixed my previous post, so the link works now (that was an old post, and some links were accidentally removed during a forum software update).

If you follow the directions in that last post, you can order your special wall scroll now.

Cheers,
-Gary.