Gary!

If you are a happy customer and want to tell us and others about it, write about your experience here.
ambora

Gary!

Post by ambora » Apr 12, 2011 8:45 pm

Gary, the wall scroll looks awesome and was more than I expected I and many other people are going to admire it. I love eastern culture and have studied many different aspects and I love the fact that I have a little bit of Chinese culture right beside me whenever I get up or go to sleep. I will definitely be coming back for more in the near future and I would be glad to email you the picture if you like. My only question is I was wondering if you could tell me what the red stamps mean and the smaller symbols to the left of the characters I chose? It's not a problem it looks great but I'm just curious so I won't look like a fool when people ask what it means :P

Thanks again!
-Bill

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Apr 12, 2011 11:30 pm

The smaller characters and red stamps are the signature of the calligrapher. This is a key part of Chinese calligraphy (you'll almost never see unsigned calligraphy unless it was the work of a student).

It's also likely that the calligrapher wrote something like "Written in Beijing on a spring day". If you see more than 3 characters above the red stamps, that's probably what he wrote.

-Gary.